Clinical Teaching Scholarships
Scholarships are available exclusively for UTeachSA students to apply for the spring prior to student teaching. The following donors support the teaching of mathematics and science and have generously provided funding for these scholarships:
- Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA)
- Elmendorf Family Foundation
- Evelyn Marlow Mortola
- Ewing Halsell Foundation
- Melinda Jayne Villegas Family
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Noyce Foundation
- Pat and Tom Frost Foundation
Students must meet the following eligibility requirements to apply:
- UTeachSA student seeking certification in grades 7-12 mathematics or science and engaged in student teaching during fall or spring semester.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours and actively pursuing a degree at UTSA.
Exceptions may be made if the student:
- is not required to take 12 credit hours to graduate, provided the student is enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours, or
- is enrolled in the semester during which they are engaged in student teaching.
Students meeting the above requirements must do the following to be considered:
- Complete application form.
- Write a 500 word essay (typed, 12 pt.) describing your preparation for teaching to date and what you hope to learn from your student teaching experience. Attach the essay to your application.
- Request a reference form from two of your professors; one from a mathematics or science professor and one from an education professor. Provide each professor with an envelope in which to place the completed reference form. Submit the two references with your application.
Additional Information and Deadlines
Contact Carey Walls at (210) 458-4082 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and application deadlines.
Return completed application, essay, and references to:
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249