Students are urged to apply for admission as early as possible to resolve admission matters well in advance of the start of the semester.
In order to be considered for admission, all required documents, transcripts, fees, and test scores must be on file by 5:00 p.m. on the date of the published deadline. Deadlines which fall on a weekend or UTSA holiday will be extended until 5:00 p.m. the following business day.
Applicants whose files are completed by the following priority application date for admission have increased availability of courses during registration.
- Spring Semester :: October 15
- Summer Semester :: March 2
- Fall Semester :: March 2
International Student Deadlines
Applicants must have a current application and all supporting documents on file by the stated international student application deadline.
- Spring Semester :: November 1
- Summer Semester :: April 1
- Fall Semester :: June 1
Applicants whose files are not completed by the following final application date for admission will not be considered for admission to UTSA for the semester to which they applied.
- Spring Semester :: November 17
- Summer Semester :: May 1
- Fall Semester (Freshmen who are US and/or Texas Residents) :: June 1
- Fall Semester (Transfers and all other new undergraduate applicants who are US and/or Texas Residents) :: July 1
Students who have been academically dismissed from UTSA two or more times, must submit the official Petition for Undergraduate Reinstatement by the following petition deadline.
- Spring Semester :: October 17
- Summer Semester :: March 16
- Fall Semester :: June 15
Deferred Transcript Deadlines
The deferred transcript deadlines apply only to applicants who were reviewed by the Admissions Committee and were notified that a decision concerning their admission was being deferred pending our receipt of their grades for current coursework in progress at the time of application. As soon as you complete your courses, please request an official transcript to be sent to this office. To expedite processing, you may mail or bring a copy of your grade report to our office to be forwarded to the evaluation staff.
- Spring 2015 :: January 8, 2015
- Summer 2015 :: May 20, 2015
- Fall 2015 :: August 20, 2015
- UTSA General Scholarship :: December 1
- Honors Scholarship :: February 1
- Financial Aid Priority :: March 15
- Housing Priority :: March 30