Non Degree Seeking Students
Students who do not plan to earn a degree, but are seeking the opportunity to earn some college credit from UTSA must apply as either a special undergraduate or transient applicant. Non-degree seeking applicants must adhere to the same application deadline requirements as degree-seeking transfer students.
! Non-degree seeking students are not eligible for financial aid.
Non-degree seeking students are:
- Transfer students who enroll in courses only at the undergraduate level without pursuing a degree at UTSA
- Planning to enroll only for one semester before returning to another institution (transient)
Non-degree Seeking Students Requirement:
- Have at least a C average (2.0 CGPA on a 4.0 scale) on the last 30 undergraduate hours attempted
- Be eligible to return to most recent institution
How to apply as a Transient/Special Student/Non-degree seeking student to UTSA.
- Apply through applytexas.org
- Select The University of Texas at San Antonio
- For Semester of Entry, select the semester you plan to begin at UTSA.
- NOTE: Applications are term-specific. Be sure to select the correct term that corresponds with when you plan to begin at UTSA.
- For First Choice School, select NonDegree Do NOT select a second choice school, just continue.
- For First Choice Major, select Transient-Non-Degree/Non Major Do NOT select a second choice major, just continue.
- You can then proceed to complete the remainder of the application.
- Apply online at applytexas.org
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of $40 (fee waivers are not accepted for non-degree seekers)
- Submit official college transcript from which the last 30 undergraduate hours were attempted
- UTSA Undergraduate Admissions Office does not accept faxed documents.
- Applicants using a Visa card should submit payment with their ApplyTexas application.