Power Clean Competition
|Day||Thursday, February 21, 2019|
|Time||5:00pm - 8:00pm|
|Location||Campus Rec 1.224 - Fit/Well Area - Weight Room
1. Will have weight measured prior to competition.
2. Will warm up prior to competition.
3. Will have three attempts.
4. Will choose weights they will increase to.
5. Will be allowed to decrease weight if attempt is unsuccessful. Lifter will be either allowed to reattempt the failed weight or choose to decrease weight.
6. Will have last successful attempt recorded.
7. The winner will be determined based upon weight pressed compared to individual weight
Rules of Performance:
• The lifter begins with the bar on the platform position close to their shins over their shoelaces. His/Her feet will be hip-width apart, while they reach down with a shoulder-width and overhand grip to the bar. The lifter will sit their buttocks down, stick their chest up, and look straight ahead as they are performing this lift.
• The lifter will then wait for an audible command from the referees signal “Start” to pull the bar off from the platform, making sure they fully extend their legs and have their chest up and back flat. The bar should travel vertically up.
• A spotter will be standing behind the lifter, while the lift is being performed.
• Once the bar is above the lifters knees, they will shift their torso to a vertical position and slightly bend their knees. Now, they will initiate the second pull, which is the most powerful portion of the movement, by explosively jumping straight up, fully extending their hips, knees, and ankles. As they are doing that triple extension, they will be simultaneously shrugging the bar with their shoulders, and try to keep the bar as close to their body as possible.
• The lifter will quickly drop into a quarter-squat position with their back straight, and hips and knees slightly bent. The lifter will then drive their elbows forward to rotate them around in the bar and catch the bar in a racked position, and then stand up.
From there, the lifter will then wait for the Referee’s audible command “Drop”, and the lifter will then drop the weight in front of them
|Organization||Campus Recreation - 1604