Resources for International Students
Strategies for Effectively Finding Employment as an International Student:
- Start the process early. It takes perseverance and motivation for international students to find employers who are interested in your skills and attributes regardless of your visa status.
- Participate in Internships & Field- Based Programs to gain experience and network.
- Conduct informational interviews.
- Utilize Career Resources. Located in the Career Center Office and online; attend Career Events; network with employers.
- Cover Letter & Resume Critiques- Visit Career Center to review your materials before applying to positions.
- Attend Career Center workshops throughout the academic year for tips on effectively navigating the job search.