On-Campus Recruiting and On-Campus Interviews
On-Campus Recruiting is a variety of services offered to employers to enable them to actively recruit college students for their entry-level opportunities and internships.
Participating in on-campus interviews is a unique opportunity for college students. National and local employers come TO YOU on-campus to interview and select candidates for entry-level positions. You can't ask for much more than that. Of course, you need to indicate to them that you are interested in their positions. Here are more details on how to take advantage of this exciting opportunity.
On Campus Interviews
- Employment interviews are conducted at the main and downtown campuses by company recruiters.
- Graduating seniors, as well as juniors and seniors seeking internships, are eligible. Alumni are also often eligible for many interview schedules.
- To participate, students and alumni must be registered with Career Center and have a resume uploaded to their RowdyJobs account.
- You must logon to your RowdyJobs account to view and sign up for an On Campus Interview.
How do I see what companies and organizations are coming to interview at UTSA and what positions I qualify for?
- To view Interview schedules and positions that you qualify for, log on to the RowdyJobs, select On-Campus Interviews, then select “Qualified Schedules”.
- To view a list of ALL current interview schedules go to On-Campus Interviews and select “All Schedules”. If you feel you are a good candidate for a specific position but are not "qualified" based upon the employer's selection criteria, let our office know and we will refer your inquiry to the recruiter.
Types of Interview Schedules
- Open Schedules: Any UTSA student or alumni meeting the requirements of the schedule are allowed to sign up for a time-slot on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Pre-Select Schedules: Employers determine what criteria they are seeking.
UTSA students and alumni who meet those criteria may submit their resume for consideration for an interview. The deadline for submitting your resume is two weeks before the interview date.
Employers then choose the candidates they wish to Interview from among the resumes received via RowdyJobs.
One week before the scheduled interview, all students and alumni are notified via email whether they were selected to interview with an employer.
The candidates selected by the employer are then able to sign up for a time-slot. All interview timeslots are available on a first-come first-served basis.