Questions to Ask in the Interview
You should have at least 3-4 questions prepared to ask at the end of the interview. This demonstrates your interest in the company and a future career with them. Lack of questions is an indicator that you have not done your research and that you are no longer interested in the position.
Typical questions include:
- What are the opportunities for professional growth?
- How is an employee evaluated and promoted? How often?
- Describe a typical day on the job.
- What kind of qualities are you looking for in your new hires?
- What makes your company or organization different from its competitors?
- What characteristics does a successful person have at your organization?
- What do you like most/least about working for your company?
- How much travel is normally expected?
- What is the average stay in this position?
- About how many individuals go through your training program each year?
- If I were extended an offer of employment, how soon would you like me to start?