All part-time positions are listed in one database. For student on-campus, work study, and off-campus positions, log on to your RowdyJobs account and follow these steps:
- To find jobs, select JOBS from the main menu then SEARCH.
- Under 'Seeking Position' select 'Part-time' and select enter to start your search.
- To find UTSA jobs, once the list of jobs appears, click on the header 'Employer Name'. This will alphabetize the list of employers. Look for the employer UTSA to find jobs on campus.
Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a federally subsidized program designed to promote employment of financially eligible students to help them avoid accumulating excessive debt while in school. Eligibility is determined by completing the federal financial aid application process.
Each student is responsible for his/her own job search. When classes are in session, students may work up to 19 hours per week on the FWS payroll. Typically there are more funds awarded to students than there are positions available so you should begin your search early. No student is allowed to work over his/her maximum earnings limit on the FWS payroll. If your financial aid package does not include FWS, contact the Financial Aid Office to inquire about the availability of funds and to determine your eligibility.
On Campus Vendors and Departments
These vendors often have openings available but do not necessarily advertise them. Feel free to contact them for availability.
- Aramark - Handles hiring for all campus food service operations. Apply in person at any Aramark dining facility or call (210) 458-4209.
- UTSA Bookstore - Apply in person at the bookstore located on the first floor of the University Center (210) 458-4220. The downtown bookstore is located at BV 1.342. Ask for an application at the service desk.
- UTSA Parking and Transportation Services - Apply at the Parking and Transportation Services Office located in the MS Building 1.01.52, 458-7275.
- UTSA Police Dept. – Apply at the Traffic Office located on the first level of the Physical Plant, 458-4246.
- Campus Recreation- Information on available positions as well as applications are available at their website.
- UTSA Child Development Center – For information about available positions call (210)-458-6364. Apply for positions through the UTSA Human Resources website. The CDC may also have openings for workstudies.
- Tomas Rivera Student Success Center – hires tutors and supplemental instructors.
- Academic Technology – hires for assistants to set-up equipment.
- Campus Housing Office - Resident Assistants are hired each semester primarily in the summer and sometimes before the Spring Semester if openings become available.
- Computer Labs – to assist patrons of the labs.
- Library – frequently has positions that are not work study funded.
- Office of K-20 Initiatives – Located at the downtown campus in BV 2.308, this office hires tutors. Contact Ricardo Gonzalez orRoseanne San Martin at (210) 458-2769.
- For assistantships or grader positions: Contact the academic division office according to your major. You may also check with other departments or divisions and ask if they have any part-time budget positions open.
- Check with the UTSA Human Resources Dept: Online listing of all available PT/FT jobs at UTSA (210) 458-4650.
Part-time Job Fair
In the Fall Semester of each year, Career Center sponsors a career fair for those seeking part-time positions. Employers attending in the past have represented both on-campus and off-campus opportunities. Log in to your RowdyJobs account and check our events calendar for dates, time and location.
Other options - there are many local businesses that are willing to hire students on a part-time basis. The Shops at La Cantera and The Rim are very interested in hiring our students. You can also search for part-time jobs in RowdyJobs.
Many companies want to come to the campus to actively recruit and meet students. By setting up a table in a common area such as the HSS building or the University Center, they can let you know what openings they currently are seeking to fill. Typically these will be part-time opportunities relatively close to campus and are often with companies that are opening new facilities or expanding their business in some way. These opportunities can also be found on our events calendar or by stopping at our office to see who will be on campus.