Resources for Researching Employers
- UTSA Library Industry Research Guide - Resources available through the library (online and in print format) as well as how to start your search.
- Quintessential Careers - http://www.quintcareers.com/researching_companies.html – some of the best research tools and resources for conducting research on companies, industries, countries and people/individuals.
- The Riley Guide - Do the Research that Supports your Job Search - find employers to consider; check out employers before your interview and take research to the extreme. Very comprehensive site.
Company and industry information
- Best Companies to Work for in 2009 - compiled by CNN Money.
- VAULT online Career Resource Library - Career Center has opened the Vault. We are pleased to provide FREE online access for UTSA students to the VAULT online industry, company, and career resources library. We have arranged for you to have exclusive access to over 60 Vault guidebooks, over 2,500 company profiles, over 1,100 career advice articles, and an archive of over 1,000,000 message postings. Vault is the most trusted name in career information. Login to your RowdyJobs account to access.
- Reference USA (available through the UTSA Library). Use this subscription resource to find information on companies nationwide. Directory of about 14 million U.S. public and private companies.
- Wetfeet.com - This comprehensive online library of company research and career-related information can help students make better career decisions. Resources include the latest job opportunities for college-educated talent. Includes the Insider Guides series of career management guidebooks, information on companies, careers, and industries; discussion, advice, newsletters and salary benchmarking tools. You're not ready for your job search until you've used this site.
- Hoover's online - excellent resource for company and industry information. Directory with overviews of about 16,000 U.S. and foreign public and private companies and other organizations.
Associations - professional associations, societies and trade groups often operate websites featuring job posting and/or resume searching services.
- Weddle's Association Directory - help for finding associations appropriate to your job search.
- Yahoo Guide to Professional and Trade Associations
- Idealist.org- an interactive site where organizations and people unite.
- Guidestar.org - database of more than 700,000 US nonprofit organizations.