The Office of the Senior Vice Provost for UTSA Downtown and Academic and Faculty Support serves as the chief operations center for the Downtown Campus. The responsibilities of the office include:
- Coordination of academic programming
- Promotion of courses and programs
- Coordination of academic affairs, facilities management, student services and business affairs
- Coordination or overall planning and direction of the affairs of the Downtown Campus in a manner consistent with the mission of the University
- Community relations
The UTSA Downtown Campus Council, chaired by Dr. Zapata, provides a vehicle and a forum for all University functional units providing services at the Downtown Campus.
As Senior Vice Provost for UTSA Downtown and Academic and Faculty Support, Dr. Zapata is responsible for faculty hiring, faculty appointment, and faculty grievances.
Jesse T. Zapata
Senior Vice Provost for UTSA Downtown and
Academic and Faculty Support
The Office of the Vice President for Community Services is responsible for extending the University beyond its campuses and into San Antonio and South Texas through public service, extension, outreach, and community education. This is accomplished through the following: the Institute for Economic Development, the Prefreshman Engineering Program, the Office of P-20 Initiatives, the Office of Community Outreach, the Office of Extended Education, the Downtown Special Events Office, the Institute of Texan Cultures, the UTSA Mexico Center, and the Child and Adolescent Policy Research Institute.
- Institute for Economic Development
- Institute of Texan Cultures
- PREP Program
- P-20 Initiatives
- Office of Community Outreach
- Office of Extended Education/Special Events
- UTSA Mexico Center
- Child and Adolescent Policy Research Institute.
Vice President for Community Services