AP® Macroeconomics for New and Experienced Teachers
Registration is now closed. For questions, please call (210) 458-2411.
This workshop will be held at the UTSA Main Campus from August 2 - 5, 2016.
The purpose of this institute is to give teachers an understanding of the expectations of the AP® Macroeconomics course. This course will cover syllabus development and course organization, resources available to assist both the teacher and the student, and methods for improving student performance on the AP® exam.
- Identifying the basic graphs and concepts that students will need to be successful in AP® Macro
- Developing strategies to help the students master these concepts
- Reviewing resources available for the AP® teacher
What Participants Should Bring
- Paper, pencil
- laptop or tablet
- Flash drive
- New teachers should bring the textbook (if they know it) that they will be using
- Experienced teachers may bring a successful lesson plan to share
Mary Wolters recently retired from teaching AP® Macroeconomics, AP® Microeconomics, and economics at Westlake High School, Austin, Texas. Before she began her teaching career, she worked as an urban planning/economic consultant in Austin and Denver, Colorado, with a focus on environmental impact studies and land use planning.
For the last several years she has been an AP® Economics exam reader for ETS/College Board as well as an AP® Economics Consultant for the College Board, presenting one- and two-day workshops and week-long institutes. She has a B.A. in economics from Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana., and a M.S. in Community and Regional Planning from the University of Texas, Austin, Texas.
Have any questions?
College Board, AP®, Advanced Placement®, Advanced Placement Program®, AP® Vertical Teams®, Pre-AP® and the acorn logo are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.
- You must register online before the AP Institutes in order to attend. You will not be able to register the first morning of the AP Summer Institute
- If someone at your school is registering or fulfilling payment on your behalf, it is your responsibility to follow up with them
- Failure to follow payment deadlines will jeopardize receipt of your certification of completion
- By registering, you acknowledge that you have read and agreed to the policies listed on the UTSA APSI Information page
- Register before April 1, 2016 to save money using the Early Bird Discount
- You must email all substitutions or cancellations to email@example.com
- More information about the College Board and AP Summer Insitutes can be found on the College Board website