The workshop will cover all the topics required for the AP Computer Science curriculum. This will include data types, control structures, classes, objects, static arrays, dynamic arrays, strings, recursion and algorithms. The workshop will place a strong focus on Object Oriented Programming with encapsulation, inheritance, composition and polymorphism. Teaching of the GridWorld Case Study will be emphasized by integrating GridWorld topics with the regular AP Computer Science curriculum. Registered teachers are encouraged to email Leon Schram for information about downloading Java and GridWorld materials that will be used in the workshop. New teachers, in particular, will be given materials to study prior to the workshop to make absorbing the many topics presented easier.
- Understand the Java programming features of the AP Computer Science curriculum
- Understand the College Board curriculum requirements as described in the course description
- Understand teaching techniques for challenging computer science concepts
- Understand College Board administrative procedures for syllabus and audit
- Understand the Case Study significance and its requirements
- Understand how to prepare students for the AP Computer Science Examination
We are currently planning AP Summer Institute 2014!