AP® Statistics for New and Experienced Teachers
Attention: When registering for a workshop, it is important that each teacher registers under their own unique login credentials.
If your school district administrator attempts to register multiple attendees using the same login credentials, prior registrants will be deleted from the system. Registrants cannot be recovered.
Please use individual username and passwords for EACH registrant.
This workshop will be held at the UTSA Main Campus from August 2 - 5, 2016.
Workshop DescriptionThe goals for our 4 days together are to review important topics from each of the four major content areas in AP® Statistics (Exploring Data, Collecting Data, Probability, and Statistical Inference), provide activities that help illustrate these topics, and provide instruction and opportunities to use various types of technology, including grAP®hing calculators and computer software. In addition, we will review the history of the AP® Statistics program, discuss the creation of the AP® Statistics exam, and review the scoring of the 2016 AP® Statistics exam in great detail. Finally, we will discuss how to start an AP® Statistics program, how to select materials for use in class, how to recruit students, how to assess students, and how to prepare students for the AP® exam.
What Participants Should Bring
- A grAP®hing calculator. (I will be modeling instruction using both the TI-84 and TI-Nspire)
- A laptop computer and/or tablet
- Your statistics textbook
- Your school calendar
Paul Myers has 45 years of high school teaching experience in Europe, Africa, and the United States. He is currently at The Paideia School in Atlanta, GA where he teaches mathematics and statistics and is the department coordinator. He has taught AP® Statistics since its inception in 1997, has been a College Board endorsed AP® Statistics consultant since 1998, and has conducted AP® Statistics workshops, both one-day and week-long summer institutes in 45 states and China. Paul’s current projects include developing short courses including Viva Las Vegas!, FiveThirtyEight, and The Mathematics of Board Games.
Have any questions?
College Board, AP®, Advanced Placement®, Advanced Placement Program®, AP® Vertical Teams®, Pre-AP® and the acorn logo are registered trademarks of the College Board. Used with permission.
- You must register online before the AP Institutes in order to attend. You will not be able to register the first morning of the AP Summer Institute
- If someone at your school is registering or fulfilling payment on your behalf, it is your responsibility to follow up with them
- Failure to follow payment deadlines will jeopardize receipt of your certification of completion
- By registering, you acknowledge that you have read and agreed to the policies listed on the UTSA APSI Information page
- Register before April 1, 2016 to save money using the Early Bird Discount
- You must email all substitutions or cancellations to email@example.com
- More information about the College Board and AP Summer Insitutes can be found on the College Board website