Lean and Six Sigma
Master Black Belt
This program is offered to individuals who already received Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification and have successfully conducted five Black Belt level projects or have mentored ten Black Belt program participants to fulfill their project requirement and certification process. Additional certification requirements are described below.
Individuals who successfully complete this certification program will be able to lead the lean transformation of an organization/unit by establishing effective internal training programs for the organization to continuously pursue operational excellence and to provide the best products and/or services with the highest quality and lowest cost possible.
To become certified as a Master Black Belt, a participant must successfully meet all following requirements.
- Have been practicing Lean and Six Sigma process improvement tools and concepts for at least 5 years and have obtained Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt Certification from an accredited institution/organization
- Have successfully completed at least five (5) Black Belt projects or have mentored at least ten (10) Black Belt Program trainees for them to successfully fulfill their project requirements and certification process
- Submit a portfolio of information/data documenting evidence of work/experience meeting the above mentioned two requirements
- Pass an oral and/or written exam covering the body of knowledge including (but not limited to) Advanced Statistical Techniques and Management of Lean and Six Sigma Transformation. Customized assignments based on assessment of individual background and portfolio review will be given to ensure meeting the certification requirements.
- Participants will be able to independently lead and mentor Lean and Six Sigma project teams
- Participants will be able to provide guidance to organizations intending to make Lean and Six Sigma transformation
- Participants will be able to develop and teach customized Lean and Six Sigma training programs for organizations.
Program Outline (individually customized)
- Preparation and submission of a complete portfolio of information/data documenting evidence of qualifications
- Presentation and showcasing of learning and mentoring experience
- Demonstration of learning and ability to apply advanced Lean and Six Sigma tools and concepts.
- Final exams (oral and/or written) on special assignments given to the participants.
Included in the Program
- Review and assessment of understanding of Lean and Six Sigma tools and concepts
- Face-to-face discussion of project implementation and mentoring experience
- Customized assignments to address deficiencies and weaknesses of participants in preparing them to be Lean and Six Sigma program leaders for organizations
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a letter grade and Center for Advanced Manufacturing and Lean Services “Lean and Six Sigma Master Black Belt” recognition plaque.
Who Should Attend
- Business Managers
- Process Improvement Specialists
- Enterprise Process Engineers
- Administrative and Supporting Staff who have already completed the Black Belt Certification.
Please contact Extended Education at (210) 458-2411 to set-up your customized program.