Extended Studies Program (ESP)
What is the Extended Studies Program ( ESP)?
The Extended Studies Program (ESP) at the University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) allows non–UTSA students the opportunity to enroll in selected regular undergraduate curriculum courses on a space–available basis.
With a simplified registration process, ESP students enjoy a one–stop registration process administered by the Office of Extended Education. Extended Education staff will assist students with all aspects of this process, to include obtaining a "class seat" from individual instructors. The decision for admission into a particular course belongs to the course instructor.
ESP is intended for individuals seeking personal and professional development, or for individuals seeking a certificate in a particular discipline sponsored by a UTSA academic department. No degree may be earned through this program.
ESP students may earn up to 18 credit hours in the program. These hours may be transferred to other higher education institutions, to include UTSA, but only after formal admission and acceptance of these hours are approved/recognized by the accepting university/college of your choice.
ESP students pay UTSA regular resident or non–resident tuition. Additional ESP fees include registration, parking, "Friends of the Library" card, transcript fees, and other applicable course related fees.
UTSA policies and regulations regarding courses will apply to all ESP students.
- ESP participation does not constitute admission to UTSA.
- The program is not available to regular (matriculated) UTSA students. Students may not cancel their admission to UTSA for purposes of attending ESP.
- The program is not available to students who have been academically disqualified or are under disciplinary suspension or expulsion from UTSA.
- International students can not participate in the program.
Where To Obtain ESP Class Schedule
The ESP Class Schedule is available in the Office of Extended Education (Downtown Campus, room BV 1.320), or write to email@example.com.
- Since registration in ESP is on a space–available basis we recommend students select one or two alternative classes in addition to their first choice.
The ESP Course Fees (subject to change without notice)
- Resident/Military $197.60/semester hour (Fall 2012 & Spring 2013)
- Non-Resident $548.60/semester hour (Fall 2012 & Spring 2013)
ESP Registration Fee
- Parking fees (fees vary with type of pass and when they’re purchased)
- Application Processing Fee $40
- Friends of the Library Card $25
- Records Processing Charge $10
- Applicable specific course related fees
- Late fees apply after Registration deadlines
Easy Steps To Register
- Obtain paper copy of the Texas "Transfer, Transient, Former Student" Common Application booklet from the Office of Extended Education (UTSA Downtown Campus, room BV 1.320). Complete, sign booklet and return to the Office of Extended Education. The online Texas "Transfer, Transient, Former Student" Common Application can not be used for ESP admission/registration.
- Once your ESP admission application is accepted, review and select courses from the ESP Class Schedule (write to firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain schedule).
- Make payment (see Payment Options section below). Full payment must be made by registration deadline.
- Attend class(es)
Bring signed and completed forms with payment to the Office of Extended Education by registration deadline. We accept checks, MasterCard, Visa and Discover card. Cash is not accepted.
The Office of Extended Education is located in the UTSA Downtown Campus, Buena Vista Building, room BV 1.320. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. Closed Saturday, Sundays and UTSA recognized holidays.
Payment by Mail
All enrollment forms must be postmarked by or before ESP registration deadline. Send completed enrollment form(s) with check, checks, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover card. Make checks payable to “UTSA”. Cash is not accepted. Mail forms and payment to:
The University of Texas at San Antonio
Office Of Extended Education
501 W. César E. Chávez Boulevard, Room BV 1.320
San Antonio, TX 78207-4415
Payment by Fax
Fax signed and completed enrollment forms with credit card authorized payment to the Office of Extended Education by or before ESP registration deadline. We accept MasterCard, Visa, and Discover card. Enrollment forms without credit card authorizations will not be processed.
The fax number for the Office of Extended Education is (210) 458-2410.
Payment by Phone
We accept MasterCard, Visa, and Discover card. Payment by phone will be accepted only if signed and completed enrollment forms have been received by the Office of Extended Education by the enrollment deadline.
The telephone number for the Office of Extended Education is (210) 458-2411.
Financial aid is not available.
- If a student’s credit card payment is declined for any reason, the affected student’s registration is subject to cancellation without prior notice.
- If the bank returns your personal check unpaid for any reason, your registration is subject to cancellation without prior notification. A $20 fee is charged for all dishonored checks. Also, a $20 administrative fee may be assessed.
UTSA rules and regulations will apply to all ESP refunds.
UTSA ID Cards
ESP students will not be issued UTSA ID cards since they are not "regular" UTSA students.