The University of Texas at San Antonio’s Center for Advanced Manufacturing & Lean Systems (CAMLS) is proud to offer this two-day course to the public.
Six Sigma is a customer-oriented, data-driven methodology for continuous improvement. It employs a full range of well-engineered tools to identify root causes, develop solutions, and sustain the results. This course covers the core concepts and tools of six sigma process improvement methodology, including: statistical quality control, process capability index, measurement system analysis, statistical and management tools, design of experiments, and DMAIC project implementation.
The course is for the Six Sigma Yellow Belt certification and is taught by UTSA-CAMLS faculty.
The course presentation includes:
- Classroom learning and discussion
- Multimedia demonstrations
- Interactive simulation games
- Practices and case studies
Upon successful completion of the course, participant will receive UTSA Continuing Education Units (1.4 CEU for 2-day course) and a CAMLS Six Sigma - Yellow Belt Certificate.
Who Should Attend
- Company executives
- Business managers and directors
- R&D Staff
- Enterprise process engineers
- All levels of engineering functions
- Center for Advanced Manufacturing
Schedule & Fees
- This two-day course will be June 26-27, 2014 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Course participants will meet at the UTSA Downtown Campus; official classroom will be sent to participants
- Course costs:
- Early Bird Registration Fees are $500 until end of business on June 10, 2014
- Regular Registration Fees are $550 from the evening of June 10, 2014 until June 23, 2014 (the day before the course)
- Parking passes available for purchase in registration form ($6 per day)
10% Group Discounts Available
- Individual Discounts are available to current UTSA students and staff, please bring your UTSA ID to the course
- Group Discounts are available when sending a group of 3 or more from the same organization
- To register as a group, please follow these instructions in the following registration form:
- Select the course and create account in the online registration system
- Specify your organization under the “Firm” field
- In “Payment Method,” select “Allow Billing”
- The office will process payment with 10% discount when 3 or more from your organization have registered.
The next workshop is currently being scheduled. Please check back later, or sign up below to recieve information about course announcements.
Sign Up for Email Alerts
Brought to you by a partnership between the Office of Extended Education and the Center for Advanced Manufacturing and Lean Systems