For event planning and disability considerations, the following tools are helpful:
- Invite your participants to make requests for accommodations on all of your communication (i.e. registration forms, flyers, web pages, e-mails and printed material).
- You can include an accommodation statement on your registration form, flyers, and computer or print advertisements, such as:
- Please list any special dietary requirements
- Please list any special accessibility requirements
- There are standardized symbols that can be used on all conference/meeting promotion, registration forms, information materials, and facility signage. These symbols may be downloaded from the Graphic Artists Guild.
- Planners can arrange for all promotional material to be available in alternative formats, such as Braille, large print, or computer disk.
- In all conference/meeting materials, make participants aware that accommodations can be made for a variety of needs.