All UTSA expenditures and revenues are recorded in the UTSA financial accounting system using information based on the Chart of Accounts. Two important elements of the Chart of Accounts are Department ID and the associated SpeedChart(s)/Cost Center(s). For more information on Department IDs, SpeedCharts/Cost Centers, and the Chart of Accounts, see fmog.0301.utsa.Changes in Department IDs and SpeedCharts/Cost Centers are sometimes necessary as a result of reorganizations and other changes. UTSA provides centralized coordination and processing of these changes in order to:
- Facilitate accurate and timely financial accounting and reporting;
- Enhance internal control by providing a uniform process, consistent treatment, and accountability; and
- Help ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
For adding or requesting changes to a Department ID and/or SpeedChart/Cost Center for non-sponsored, non-capital project funds, use the Chart of Accounts (COA) Maintenance Request Form.Chart of Accounts (COA) Maintenance Request Form as follows.
- Download the form and instructions.
- Follow the instructions to complete the form. If additional assistance is needed contact Accounting Services.
- Send the completed form as an email attachment to Accounting Services and save a copy of the form.
The Department Manager or designee and the person completing the form will be notified of the disposition of the request by email. If you do not receive a response within two business days, contact Accounting Services.
NOTE: Accounting Services reserves the right to limit or question requests that do not meet financial reporting requirements.