UTSA Student Teaching Educational Loan Forgiveness Program
The UTSA Student Teacher Educational Loan Forgiveness Program was established to help student teachers with expenses during the extremely important semester of student teaching. All student teachers are eligible to apply. Priority will be based on financial need and critical shortage field status. Critical shortage fields are deemed by the state to be Math, Science, Special Education, Languages other than English, and ESL/Bilingual Education.
- All student teachers are eligible to apply who are enrolled in the student teaching course.
- Student must be enrolled in the Student Teaching course for the semester in which they apply for the loan.
- Student must have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be packaged for financial aid for the academic semester they are applying for the loan.
- Student must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for the academic semester they are applying for the loan.
- Student must have submitted the UTSA Educational Forgiveness Loan Program Application to the Office of Student Teaching for certification.
- Student must not have received the UTSA Education Forgiveness Loan in a prior year.
- Students must complete the UTSA Education Loan Forgiveness Program Application.
- The application is located on the website of Student Teaching.
- Students must submit the completed application to the Office of Student Teaching located in building NPB 1.204.
- The deadline to submit the application for Fall 2013 is June 3, 2013.
- Any applications that are submitted incomplete will delay the process of awarding.
- Plan ahead for repayment
- Loan Repayment Options
- Loan Forgiveness options for Teachers
- Loan Forgiveness for Public Service
Resources to Assist Borrower
- Accessing your Federal Student Loan Information
- Glossary of Common Loan Terms
- Your Federal Student Loans
Resources for Delinquency & Default
- Consequences of Default
- Facing Student Loan Default
- Default FAQ
- Why you shouldn’t avoid the problem
- Trouble making payments
- Who you can contact
- Income Based Repayment Calculator
- Standard, Extended and Graduated Calculator
- Loan Consolidation
- Debt/Salary Wizard
Loan Helpful Links
- Direct Loan Servicing
- Texas Guaranteed Student Loan (TG)
- Texas Employment Outlook
- Contact Us
- Financial Aid Home