Financial Aid Outreach
Several studies have confirmed that otherwise capable students often pass on applying to college because they believe that a college education is financially out of reach. In addition, students with the greatest financial need are often the least likely to receive financial aid due to a simple lack in communication of financial aid information. Financial aid knowledge is a missing link and an obstacle in providing college access to a growing number of students.
To address this issue, The Financial Aid and Scholarships has developed a Financial Aid Outreach program. This program allows financial aid representatives to work directly with students and parents to educate them on the affordability of UTSA. Topics and services include:
- Tips for Success: A Financial Aid Informational Overview (for Graduate and Undergraduate Students)
- Information on how to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Valuable information on Scholarships & Grants
- UTSA Financial Aid Information Table
- Financial Literacy and Money Management Presentations
- Default Prevention Assistance
Outreach presentations are also offered in English or Spanish.
To schedule a Financial Aid Outreach event, please submit an Outreach Request Form.
For more information on Financial Aid Outreach, please contact Christopher Goldsberry, Assistant Director of Admissions, at (210) 458-6937 or email at FinancialAidOutreach@utsa.edu.