Skip to Search Skip to Global Navigation Skip to Local Navigation Skip to Content
Show/Hide University Links


Overawards occur when we receive additional information not accounted for when the student was awarded originally. Per federal financial aid regulations, we must resolve any overaward on a student’s account. Common examples of changes that cause overawards include, but are not limited to:

  • Receipt of Internal or External Scholarships
  • Notification of Exemptions/Tuition and Fee Waivers (e.g. Hazlewood, etc.)
  • Stipends
  • Enrollment Changes
  • FAFSA Corrections
  • Residency Updated
  • Changes to your Housing Plan

In some cases, overawards will result in a balance due to the University. Payment arrangements will need to be made with Fiscal Services to ensure that a hold will not be placed on the student’s account that would prevent future registration, the viewing of grades, the release of transcripts, and verification of enrollment.

Balances can be paid online through ASAP, in person at Fiscal Services, by phone, or via mail.