The UTSA Student Teacher Education Loan Forgiveness Program was established to help student teachers with expenses during the extremely important semester of student teaching. All student teachers are eligible to apply. Priority will be based on financial need and critical shortage field status. Critical shortage fields are deemed by the state to be Math, Science, Special Education, Languages other than English, and ESL/Bilingual Education.
All student teachers are eligible to apply who are enrolled in the student teaching course.
- Student must be enrolled in the Student Teaching course for the semester in which they apply for the loan.
- Student must have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be packaged for financial aid for the academic semester they are applying for the loan.
- Student must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) for the academic semester they are applying for the loan.
- Student must have submitted the UTSA Education Loan Forgiveness Program Application to the Office of Student Teaching for certification.
- Student must not have received the UTSA Education Loan Forgiveness in a prior year.
Students must complete the UTSA Education Loan Forgiveness Program Application located on the Student Teaching website.
Students must submit the completed application to the Office of Student Teaching located in building NPB 1.204, by the deadline for the appropriate term. Please refer to the Office of Student Teaching's website for the deadline of when the application must be submitted for the correct term.
Any applications that are submitted incomplete will delay the process of awarding.