Skip to Search Skip to Global Navigation Skip to Local Navigation Skip to Content
Show/Hide University Links

Resources for Parents

The transition to college is a significant financial consideration for students and their parents. The goal of Student Financial Aid and Enrollment Services is to provide information and resources to not only students who would otherwise be unable to pursue a post-secondary education, but also to their parents.

Access to Your Student's Account (FERPA)

The Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (commonly known as FERPA) is the law that protects the privacy of student education records. It applies to all schools that receive funds through the US Department of Education. In accordance with FERPA, Financial Aid and Enrollment Services cannot release specific student education information to anyone other than the student without the student's written permission. This includes information regarding (but not limited to):

  • Financial Aid (awards, status, refund amounts, eligibility, holds)
  • Tuition Information (amount due, payment details, past due balances, etc.)
  • Student Enrollment (grades, class schedules, enrollment status, holds etc.)

Written permission can be granted to parents and other third parties if a student completes and submits a Student Authorization to Release Education Records Form. This must be submitted in person at Enrollment Services or by US mail. This authorization can be revoked by the student at any time.

Disclosure: Enrollment Services (who provides support for Admissions, Registrar, Financial Aid and Fiscal Services) reserves the right not to release grades or GPA over the phone even if a Student Authorization to Release Education Records Form is on file.

For questions regarding FERPA, please contact our office or view the Department of Education's website.

Back to Top

Applying for a Parent PLUS Loan

The Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) helps parents assist with their student's educational costs. PLUS loans enable parents with good credit histories to borrow to help pay the education expenses of dependent undergraduate children enrolled at least half-time. For information on how to apply, visit our Parent PLUS loan webpage.

If you are interested in cosigning on a private (alternative) loan, please visit our webpage for more information.

Back to Top

Making Payments, Payment Deadlines and Payment Options

Payments for tuition and fees are taken by the Office of Fiscal Services. Their website has information regarding payment deadlines, payment types and options for extending payment deadlines such as the Tuition and Fee Loan and Installment Plan. Should you wish to contact their office, you may do so by emailing

Back to Top