The UTSAccess program guarantees that UTSA will cover the cost of fall and spring tuition and mandatory fees for program participants with gift aid (money students won’t have to pay back) for their four years at UTSA as long as they maintain the program’s eligibility requirements, including enrolling and completing at least 15 credit hours per semester and maintaining a 2.0 GPA. The program is designed to help students graduate on time. Students selected for the UTSAccess Program already have the gift aid factored into their initial Financial Aid Award Letter and are guaranteed that for the next three years their tuition and mandatory fees will also be covered, provided they meet the program’s eligibility requirements. Students in the UTSAccess Program are required to sign the UTSAccess Participation Agreement every year prior to financial aid disbursement. The earliest financial aid can disburse is 10 days prior to the start of the semester.
To initially be selected for the UTSAccess program, incoming freshmen students must apply to and be admitted by UTSA for Fall 2016 by March 15th as a first-time freshman and meet UTSA's standards for Guaranteed Admissions and send UTSA the 2016-2017 FAFSA by March 15. This FAFSA must produce a valid Student Aid Report free of any rejects. They must also meet the following criteria:
- Be a Texas resident
- Have family income and wages of $30,000 or less
- Have family assets of less than $50,000 (cash, savings, checking, business value, farm value, investment net worth)
Changes to your Student Aid Report may affect program eligibility. Please contact the One Stop Enrollment Center prior to making any changes to your FAFSA.
To maintain eligibility, students must continue to meet the selection criteria as well as meet the following requirements:
- Submit to UTSA their FAFSA every year by the priority deadline.
- This FAFSA must produce a valid Student Aid Report free of any rejects.
- The priority deadline for the 2016-2017 academic year was March 15.
- Meet academic requirements including
- Enroll and complete at least 15 credit hours each semester (fall and spring)
- Earn 30 college credit hours at UTSA each year (24 college credit hours for students accepted into the program prior to Fall 2013)
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Successfully pass at least 67% of attempted coursework
- Submit UTSAccess Participation Agreement every year by deadline.
- The deadline to submit for the 2016-2017 academic year is August 1st.
Priority application deadlines and eligibility criteria may change and must be met each year in order to remain eligible for the UTSAccess program. Financial Aid and Scholarships will check to make sure academic requirements were met after spring grades are posted at the end of each academic year. Failure to meet these renewal requirements will result in the ineligibility to continue in UTSAccess for future years. Students may choose to attend UTSA for the summer semester to try and regain eligibility for future years, however the tuition and fees for those summer classes will be the responsibility of the student as UTSAccess will not cover them. Students who do this must self-identify to our office (in person, by phone or via email) and we will conduct reviews for regaining eligibility mid-September.