Melinda Jayne Villegas Memorial Scholarship
One scholarship is available to a GE²MS student actively pursuing a degree at UTSA. Wishing to support the College of Sciences and the GE²MS Teaching Program, the Villegas family and friends have generously provided funding for this scholarship.
- Must be enrolled in at least 12 hours and actively pursuing a degree at UTSA. Exceptions may be made if the student is not required to take 12 credit hours to graduate, provided the student is enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours, or is enrolled in the semester during which they are engaged in student teaching.
- Preference will be given to students majoring in mathematics and earning a teaching certificate in that field.
- Must be enrolled in the GE²MS teaching program.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Complete application form that can be downloaded from this page.
- Write a 250 to 500 word essay (typed, 12 pt.) describing your preparation for teaching to date and what you hope to learn from your student teaching experience. Attach the essay to your application.
- Request a reference form from two of your professors; one from a mathematics or science professor and one from an education professor. Provide each professor with an envelope in which to place the completed reference form. Submit the two references with your application.
Additional Inforamtion and Deadlines:
- Contact Debi Weissling at (210) 458-6280 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- Application and reference forms are available from the GE²MS Teaching Program Office or on our website at http://utsa.edu/gems/
- Deadline: May 3, 2013, 5:00 p.m
- Return completed application, essay and references to:
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249
Reference Form (PDF)