The Resident Assistant (RA) staff plans numerous programs throughout the year for YOU! The programs cover a variety of topics, ranging from campus safety to creating 5 star meals in a microwave, based on your interests. During your first building meeting your RA should ask you to fill out a program interest form, where you tell us the kind of programs you want to see. Don’t be shy! Our staff will also create programs on topics you need, like study skills, writing skills, relationship advice, roommate communication, student organization information, alcohol education, and more. We have it ALL covered. Do not miss out on these opportunities! These programs are a great way to get to know the RAs, your neighbors, and other professional staff on campus. Be sure to check out the calendar on this page often. We will update programand give other Housing updates. It’s YOUR tool to getting connected in Housing…YOUR Home! Roadrunners for Life
Students Taking an Active Role Series
The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) Office of Housing and Residence Life (HRL) provides residents with a meaningful living and learning experience that will foster student growth and development through intentional and purposeful programming, exposure to educational experiences, resources, and self-reflection opportunities.
The University of Texas at San Antonio Office of Housing and Residence Life Residential Curriculum seeks to develop and empower residents through the enhancement of skills and experiences that will impact their personal and professional success.
Overall Learning Outcomes:
Residents living at UTSA Housing will be provided with learning opportunities that will help them develop:
- Critical thinking and communication skills
- A sense of self-efficacy, independence, responsibility, and resourcefulness
- A sense of pride of UTSA and their college experience
- Cultural awareness through personal development and peer to peer interaction
- A perspective of global citizenship
- Awareness of their career interest(s) and the academic path(s) needed to achieve professional success
- 100% of housing residents will know how to access the work order system by Sept. 20th
- Residents will be able to identify and utilize two academic resources available to them by Sept. 30th
- One percent of residents will become active members of the Director’s Advisory Council by Sept. 30th
- Residents will be able to identify one cultural trait about themselves by Oct. 30th
- 100 % of residents will know their True Colors and implement what they have learned in their life by Oct. 31st
- Residents will share at least one personal characteristic about themselves with at least one other resident by Oct. 31st
- Fifty percent of residents will be able to identify one component of the relational leadership model by Nov. 20th
- Residents will be able to identify at least one leadership skill that they can develop by Nov. 30th.
- Residents will be able to identify at least one student organization that they could join by Nov. 30th
- 100% of residents will be able to identify their learning style by Feb. 18th
- 100% of residents will be able to have their resume & cover letter reviewed by Career Services by Feb. 28th
- 100% of residents will be able to identify which major is most appropriate for them by Feb. 28th
- Residents will be able to identify the dangers of Spring Break by March 11th
- 100% of residents will be aware of the correlation between drugs and alcohol and sexual assault by March 11th.
- Residents will be able to identify what sexual assault is by March 11th.
- 100% of residents will be able to identify what their carbon footprint is by April 30th
- 100% of residents will be able to identify at least two things that they can do to promote sustainability in residence hall by April 30th
- 100% of residents will be able to identify at least two things that can reduce their carbon footprint in the residence halls by April 30th.