Day O.N.E. @ UTSA - Administrator's Guide
New Non-Benefits Eligible Employees
There are several steps to ensure that your non-benefits eligible hire is successful and the employee receives everything they need. Please follow the step-by-step instructions below to process your new Non-Benefits eligible employee.
Please note: If the employee will be in an unpaid relationship with the university (Person of Interest, formerly known as Volunteer) please stop here and follow the instructions for processing on the POI webpage.
Non-Benefits Eligible Hiring Process
A Criminal Background Check (CBC) is required BEFORE an individual can start work. Go to the UTSA CBC web page for instructions on the CBC process.
Please make sure the following is completed prior to hire date:
1. The administrator submits the SharePoint form to Human Resources.
*If you are hiring more than 5 non-benefits eligible employees in the same position at once, please use this spreadsheet to attach to the ONE SharePoint form you submit for this action.
2. The administrator who submitted the form will receive TWO separate email notifications:
- Notification that the SharePoint form has been approved and the job record has been created by Human Resources.
- Notification for New Hire "Next Steps" and reminders
3. Next, employee MUST visit the Human Resources office to complete ESS and verify their I-9 documents in person. Please make sure your employee is clear on what documents to bring. List of acceptable documents.
4. Employee must complete the forms requiring signatures and bring them to HR during their visit. These signed documents are necessary to be in compliance with State and Federal regulations.
Please submit the SharePoint form for each non-benefits eligible hire.
Updated: November 2014