Day O.N.E. @ UTSA - Administrator Guide
New Non-Benefits Eligible Employees
There are several steps that need to be completed before your new employee can begin work. Please follow the step-by-step instructions below to process your non-benefits eligible employee.
If the individual will be in an unpaid relationship with the university (Person of Interest) please stop here and follow the instructions for processing on the POI webpage.
Requests must be submitted on time, please reference the processing calendar for submission deadlines: HR Processing Due
Non-Benefits Eligible Hiring Process
Please note: A Criminal Background Check (CBC) is required before an individual can start work. Go to the UTSA CBC web page for instructions on the CBC process.
All Staff positions are posted in STARS. Once the hiring proposal is approved, an email will be sent with instructions and a link to complete the Day O.N.E. Hiring form. Use this form to enter your new hire information and select the start date. The Day ONE team will enter the information into PeopleSoft and notify the hiring manager once the process is complete. The employee will need to visit Human resources on their first day of employment to complete new hire processing.
To hire new students, the department will use the Interim Workflow Solutions and submit a SharePoint form. This form is used to enter the new hire information into PeopleSoft, so all fields must be completed. SharePoint will also allow the department to hire multiple students on one form. The submitter will receive email notification once the form is submitted and processed. The email will detail notes from HR and explain the next steps in the hiring process. The student will also receive an email with instructions to complete their new hire processing.
Form needed: Hire/Rehire Request Form
Non-Tenure Track Faculty
All NTT Faculty positions are posted in STARS. To hire a NTT faculty member, the department will use the Interim Workflow Solutions and submit a SharePoint form. This form is used to enter the new hire information into PeopleSoft, so all fields must be completed. All hires must be approved by the appropriate Dean’s Office and the Office of the Vice Provost for Academic and Faculty Support.
Form needed: Faculty Contract Request Form
Requirement for all new Faculty, Staff, and Students include the following:
- Provide I-9 documents to the Human Resources office within 3 days of the hire date. The Form I-9 is a federal requirement that verifies identity and proves eligibility to work in the United States. Federal law requires employees to present original documents, photocopies or pictures cannot be used.
- New employees will login to PeopleSoft and complete their employee self-service (ESS) requirements. This includes reviewing personal information, completing the I-9, Direct Deposit, W-4, and emergency contact information. For a step by step guide to complete the ESS, reference our Employee Self Service instructions.
- Non-Benefits Eligible Employee Packet
- Non-Benefits Eligible Employee Acknowledgement Form (Faculty, Staff and Students)
- Selective Service Registration Form - Males Age 18 – 26
- Political Aid - All employees (Faculty, Staff and Students)
NOTE: Per federal law, if your employee does not complete Form I-9, they will not be able to continue their employment with UTSA.
UTSA Human Resources
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249
North Paseo Building (NPB)
4th Floor - 4.102
p: (210) 458-4648 f: (210) 458-4647
Hours: Mon-Fri 8-5
Updated: February 2017