The Inclusion and Community Engagement Center is committed to fostering a campus culture that promotes active engagement through volunteerism and in which issues relating to culture, religion, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation are addressed with sincerity and respect and all members of the campus community feel safe, welcomed and valued. We seek to empower and develop all members of the UTSA community to celebrate our diversity by providing varied educational opportunities and support services.
The Inclusion and Community Engagement Center seeks to be a nationally recognized diversity and volunteer services center, providing innovative programming and services to our campus and local community.
The Inclusion and Community Engagement Center strives for cross-cultural understanding and appreciation of all our diverse histories and experiences.
- Meaningful dialogues across ethnic, cultural, sexual orientation and gender identity lines while providing support for single group interests.
- Exploring the educational benefits of active volunteerism for our students.
- Access to higher education and other retention efforts which encourage the success, educational and professional development of all individuals, particularly those from underrepresented groups.
- Cross-Cultural collaboration with the San Antonio community through programming, symposia, volunteer experiences and skills development activities, which enhance the community involvement and academic mission of UTSA.
- Guidance, training, and support to other campus units towards the accomplishment of a vision of equality and diversity.