UTSA Science Transfer Academy
Science Transfer Academy positions are still available for Summer 2019
Applications will be reviewed as they are received until all positions are filled.
Want to get tips and tricks to promote your success as you transition to the UTSA College of Sciences ... and get paid while doing it? Are you considering pursuing a career as a biomedical scientist (not physician, nurse, or direct health provider)? Are you a Biology, Microbiology/Immunology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Physics major or pre-major?
If so, come join the UTSA Science Transfer Academy for Fall 2019!
For fully participating, you will receive a $200 stipend during the Fall 2019 semester. Trainees will attend a two-day Science Transfer Academy Boot Camp, held August 7-8, and several follow-up meetings during Fall 2019. Learn advanced study skills, campus support resources, take part in laboratory tours, meet UTSA researchers, learn about research opportunities available at UTSA, and network with fellow students.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Be strongly considering a career in science in the biomedical sciences (research-related, not as a health professional)
- Be admitted to the required major or pre-major
- Be eligible for federal Pell grants or from a group ethnically underrepresented in the biosciences
- Be available to attend the two-day Boot Camp (August 7-8) and a few follow-up meetings during the fall 2019 semester
In the fall after participation, all Science Transfer Academy students will be expected to take part in an additional three meetings and a laboratory rotation (10 hours) and submit a small write-up of their experience.
If you want to get paid to enrich your UTSA experience, please consider and apply to the UTSA Science Transfer Academy!
For more information, contact Dr. Gail Taylor.