Office of Orientation and Family ProgramsAbout Us
To provide new students and their family members with a structured, comprehensive introduction to the range of opportunities at The University of Texas at San Antonio, to assist new students in their transition to the institution, and to integrate them into the life of the institution.
The Office of Orientation and Family Programs will be recognized locally, regionally and nationally as a premier program for providing excellence through our staffing programming, and resources.
Our Core Values
- Creating a positive transition experience that connects and welcomes students and family members to the campus community.
- A safe learning environment that empowers students through engagement, challenge and accountability.
- Collaboration, team work and service in a work environment that promotes respect and professionalism.
Orientation Advisory Board
The Orientation Advisory Board (OAB) was created to help make orientation programs more effective and meaningful to students. Representatives from the Offices of Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, and Business Affairs meet regularly throughout the year to discuss suggestions for program involvement and to ensure that appropriate modifications are implemented. The OAB welcomes proposals from the entire UTSA community.
Email or campus mail proposals to George Norton, Associate Vice President for Admissions, Recruitment Information Systems, and Orientation and Family Programs. The proposals will be evaluated by the Orientation Advisory Board and recommendations are announced in November.
Orientation Advisory Board Timeline
- OAB convenes in the fall semester
- Proposals are due in late September
- Proposal recommendations are made in November
- OAB meets as necessary throughout the spring semester