New Student Camps | Adventure TripsWhat to Bring
- All group kayaking equipment (kayak, paddle, life vest, helmet, whistle, etc)
- All group camping equipment (tent for 2-4 ppl, etc)
- Food and cooking supplies
- Small river dry bag
- Large duffle bag
- Sleeping bag & sleeping pad
Equipment You Provide/What to Bring:
- Knee-length shorts**
- Short sleeve t-shirt*
- Long sleeve t-shirt**
- Two pairs of shoes
- 1 pair of river shoes (old sneakers work well)
- 1 pair of dry camp shoes
- extra shoes is always a good idea
- Socks* (for camp in the evening)
- Sun hat**
- Rain jacket/pants ("just in case" items!)
- Light fleece sweater*
- Change of clothes for the ride home
- Prescription medication (in zip-lock bag)
- Water bottles (2, 32oz plastic bottles)
- Sun Screen**
- Bug Spray
- Toiletries (toothbrush/paste/floss/wet napkins)
- Small Towel
- Sunglass strap / retainer cord
- Small travel-size pillow
- Gloves (wet/dry—for paddling)
- Water-proof camera
- Fan for tent (battery operated)
- Frisbee, cards, games!
*We recommend most of these items be made of quick-drying synthetic fabrics.
**Sun protection will be important!
See the San Marcos River Retreat webpage for more information about our camping destination.
- Though our camp sites offer lighted bathrooms with showers, they are nonetheless somewhat primitive.
- Participants will sleep in single-gender tents in groups of 2 or 4.
- The entire group will work together in preparing meals and other tasks on the trip.
- A small "dry bag" will be clipped into each boat for personal items you'd like to keep with you on the river (sun screen, camera).
- Most of your clothing and personal items will be transported by the shuttle vehicle from the put-in to our camp.
- Fire arms, alcohol and illegal controlled substances are prohibited. Fragile valuables and personal electronics are discouraged—we cannot take responsibility for damage or loss of personal items.
- Fragile valuables and personal electronics are discouraged—we cannot take responsibility for damage or loss of personal items.