New Student Camps | Roadrunner CampWhat to Bring
The following list should be helpful while packing for this camp.
- Smile and a positive attitude
- Clothing for 2 days that includes extra shirts
- Tennis shoes and socks (required for activities, needs to include one pair of closed toe tennis shoes)
- Sandals/Flip Flops
- Shower towels and wash cloth
- Twin bed sheet sets, blankets and/or sleeping bag
- Bathing suit
- Beach towel
- Sunglasses (inexpensive is best) / Hat
- Allergy/medicine/insect repellent
- Optional: Dance clothing ("Go Crazy UTSA" theme)
If you packed all the essentials and still have some room, here are some optional items you may want to bring along.
- Non-perishable snacks in air tight container
- Camera*, memory card and batteries
- Alarm clock
- Spending money*
- Action Photo will be at camp to take pictures of your team. They can be purchased on site.
Remember, many activities are outdoors, thus we are subject to the weather. Please be sure to pack clothes for a variety of elements (most likely it will be hot) and plenty of changes of clothes.
Please label your items with your name!
*UTSA and John Newcombe Ranch are not held responsible for any loss or damage to your personal property, therefore, plan accordingly. We advise you to bring a minimal amount of spending money to be used to purchase snacks, photos, or souvenirs.
The following items are PROHIBITED at camp:
- Personal radios
- Personal vehicles
- Visitors or pets
- Alcohol and illegal drugs
- Cell phones and other electronic devices are to be used at designated times and in the event of an emergency
- No Foul Language: this includes inappropriate slang words, racial slurs, derogatory comments, etc