Freshman | Summer Orientation Before You Attend Orientation
- Testing— Exempt Status, TSI Assessment, Math Placement
All students entering a Texas public college must meet score requirements with their ACT, SAT, TAKS, or STAAR exams to have an Exempt or “College Ready” Status.
All students who are Not Exempt or “Not College Ready” from the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) must take the TSI Assessment and have scores submitted to the UTSA Admissions Office PRIOR to attending orientation, Roadrunner Roundup. If you have not taken the TSI Assessment and have a "Not College Ready" status, prior to registering for the TSI Assessment, a Pre-Assessment Activity is REQUIRED. Contact Testing Services for details. You may also take the TSI Assessment at a college or university near you, and have results sent to the UTSA Admissions Office well in advance of your Orientation session.
Math placement testing dates are also available at the Testing Services Registration link on ASAP.
- For more information, contact Testing Services at 210-458-4125
- If you need disability related accommodations for TSI testing and/or Placement testing, contact Student Disability Services for registration procedures at least 3-4 weeks in advance of your testing date.
- Bacterial Meningitis Immunization Requirement
All Students Under Age 22
The State of Texas has required that, in order to register for classes, all students under the age of 22 will be required to document their immunization by taking the following steps:
- Download The Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccine Requirement Form.
- Gather the required documentation as indicated on the form.
- Obtain the appropriate health care provider's signature as indicated on the form.
- Submit the signed form along with the required documentation to UTSA Student Health Services located on the UTSA Main Campus at the Recreation and Wellness Center 1.500.
Note: failure to complete the above requirements will result in your inability to register for classes.
- Medical Consent Form
Students Under Age 18
All students who will be under the age of 18 on the first day of classes are required to have a Medical Consent Form on file at Student Health Services signed by a parent or guardian. Students received this form in their Admissions acceptance packet. The form must be completed as soon as possible and mailed back to Student Health Services or turned in to UTSA during the Roadrunner Roundup Program.
- For more information, contact UTSA Student Health Services at 210-458-4142
» Continue to: What to Expect at Orientation