Transfer | Summer Orientation What to Expect at Orientation
- Held at the Main Campus
- One-Day Program – 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Designed to introduce new transfer students to academic policies and student services unique to UTSA and introduce them to the UTSA community. Students who attend on-campus orientation will:
- Receive a tour of the campus
- Meet with faculty and staff
- Take care of university business
- Receive an individual appointment with an academic advisor, to prepare for course registration.
- Show your SPIRIT by wearing your UTSA gear – hats, t-shirts, pants, backpacks – show them off
Schedule at a Glance
Students will receive a detailed schedule at their orientation program. This schedule is subject to change without notice.
- Download the Summer 2017 New Student Orientation Schedule at a Glance
Please be aware that the orientation experience includes EXTENSIVE WALKING. Please plan accordingly as the university does NOT provide any mobility assistance equipment.
Directions and Parking
Driving Directions from Downtown San Antonio
- From I-10 West & UTSA Blvd
- Exit UTSA Blvd from I-10 West
- Turn left on UTSA Blvd
- Turn right onto campus on Edward Ximenes Drive
- Turn left at the first stop sign (George Brackenridge Rd)
- Parking Lot BK1 will be on your right and left near the Convocation Center
- Park in any unmarked parking space located in Brackenridge Rd Lot 1 (BK1), formerly Lot 5
A temporary orientation parking permit is required and must be displayed to park on campus during orientation. Below is more information on parking for orientation:
- The temporary permit can be found in your orientation confirmation letter after you register in ASAP
- Follow all parking policies listed on this permit. Failure to do so will result in a parking citation
- The temporary permit will be marked with the dates that the permit is valid
- The temporary permit is good for unmarked spaces only in the designated parking lot listed [ex: Brackenridge Rd Lot 1, BK 1 (formerly Lot 5)]
- DO NOT park in Faculty/Staff or 24 HR RESERVED spaces
- DO NOT park in fire lanes, reserved spaces, service areas, loading zones, University Vehicle spaces or restricted areas
- The permit must be visible on your dashboard at all times to avoid receiving a citation
- Pay-by the hour parking is available in the Ximenes Garage (located to the right of the Brackenridge Rd Lot 1)
Any vehicle parked in violation of UTSA parking regulations will be cited. If you receive a citation at orientation, you will need to file an appeal with UTSA Business Auxiliary Services Parking Division.
Orientation Housing and Meals
No on-campus Orientation housing is available, please visit the UTSA Family Association page for a list of recommended hotels near the UTSA Main Campus.
Meals at Orientation
Orientation participants will be provided a lunch as part of their Orientation experience. The meal will either include a pre-set catered lunch or a meal card preloaded with money to use at dining venue on-campus.
*As a reminder, due to the orientation schedule, all students are required to eat on campus.
Family and Guests
Family and guests who wish to attend the Family Orientation program needs their student to register them in advance online during the Orientation Sign Up process. Those family members and guests who attend Transfer on-campus Orientation will shadow their student as they complete the days’ activities and various sessions. They will have the opportunity to learn information about academic policies and procedures, financial aid, advising and much more. Space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
|Transfer Student's Family/Guest Fees: Summer 2017|
|Family Orientation Fee||$35 per person*|
*Children under the age of 9 are free of charge
Online Orientation for Transfer Students
- Transfer students who cannot attend an on-campus Orientation program have the opportunity to participate in an Online Orientation experience at their own pace and convenience.
- The Online Orientation is filled with valuable information about UTSA services, resources, academic policies and much more!
- Sign up for Online Orientation in ASAP and complete modules in Blackboard Learn.
- Pass the Final Online Orientation Quiz in Blackboard Learn with a 90% or better for the Orientation hold to be updated.
- Schedule an appointment with your Academic Advisor in order to register for your Summer classes (You’ll find details about this in your Orientation Confirmation Packet).
- Afterwards, get your UTSA t-shirt and planner, by printing coupon from Blackboard and submitting to the Orientation office (while supplies last). The Orientation office is located in the MS Building 2nd floor, room 2.01.10.
- Transfer students can meet with an advisor at any time before, during or after new student orientation, but must complete both academic advising and orientation in order to register for classes.
- Note: Transfer students can meet with an advisor at any time before, during or after Orientation, but must complete both Academic Advising and Orientation in order to register for classes.