The name of this organization shall be the Staff Council of The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) hereinafter referred to as Staff Council. The people represented are classified staff and administrative and professional staff as defined in Article III - Section 2-Eligibility, hereinafter referred to as Staff.
The Staff Council shall serve as a consultative and deliberative body for Staff in:
- addressing issues of concern that are unique to Staff,
- fostering expanded opportunities for Staff involvement in campus governance,
- building a sense of community by encouraging the exchange of ideas and concerns,
- providing advice on university policy and procedures impacting Staff,
- advising the University on Staff nominations to University Standing Committees as equal members, and
- promoting the growth and welfare of Staff, contributing to the success of UTSA.
The Staff Council, in keeping with the mission of UTSA, is an advisory body and can convey information and make recommendations to the President regarding interests and concerns of Staff. The Staff Council is constituted by the President and by the Board of Regents of The University of Texas System, with the goal of continually improving university operations and the well-being of UTSA's Staff. The Staff Council is not intended to supplant existing procedures for addressing issues. Staff Council is a registered Staff organization.