Officers of Staff Council shall be elected by Staff Council. Officers will make up the Executive Board of Staff Council.
Officers include: Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary/Historian, and Parliamentarian
Duties of the Officers:
- The Chair or his/her executive designee shall
- be present at all meetings of Staff Council;
- conduct Staff Council meetings;
- only vote on an issue in the case of a tie;
- ensure that projects undertaken by Staff Council are developed, organized, and implemented in an orderly and timely manner;
- involve the Vice Chair in all decisions;
- sit on all Staff Council committees as a non-voting ex officio member;
- hold no other office; and
- may be asked to serve on UT System Employee Advisory Council and fulfill other responsibilities and duties as required.
- The Vice Chair shall
- assume the position and duties of chair at the end of the chair's term or at such time as the chair's seat is vacated;
- become thoroughly knowledgeable of all chair decisions to provide a smooth transition and continuity of duties;
- conduct Staff Council meetings in the absence of the Chair;
- be authorized to sign all documents for Staff Council in the absence of the Chair;
- assume other duties as directed by Staff Council;
- serve as the Acting-Chair during extended, but not permanent, absences of the Chair (i.e. vacation, illness, etc.);
- assist the Chair with duties as needed;
- hold no other office;
- may serve as a voting committee member unless serving as Acting Chair;
- sits on all Staff Council committees as a non-voting ex officio member;
- may be asked to serve on UT System Employee Advisory Board and fulfill other responsibilities and duties as required.
- The Secretary/Historian shall
- give notice of all meetings;
- prepare and maintain a file of official minutes for all meetings of Staff Council. The minutes shall be kept in a book and will be summarized after the meeting with corrections made as needed;
- help with all correspondence as directed by Staff Council within the time frame specified;
- keep and archive the history of the formation and all members and actions of Staff Council;
- hold no other office.
- The Parliamentarian shall
- be ready to answer points of order in accordance with Roberts' Rules of Order- the newly revised;
- advise Staff Council and the Chair on points of order.
Section 4 - Terms of Office
- The term of office for all officer positions will be one year.
- No member may hold more than one office at a time and no member shall be eligible to serve more than two consecutive terms in the same office.
- Any member may be reelected to an officer position, which they held for two consecutive terms after being vacant from that position for one full term.
Section 5 - Executive Board Vacancies
- Any Officer vacancy occurring in the Executive Board, excluding the Chair (see Article IV Section 3b), shall be filled only from the remaining Staff Council members.
- The process will be by nomination and vote of the remaining members of Staff Council.
- A member of Staff Council elected to fill a vacancy shall serve for the remaining term of the vacancy.
- A recalled officer may continue to serve as a Staff Council member. The officer will be eligible for any future election to an officer position with a 2/3 vote by Staff Council.