Meetings of Staff Council
Section 1 - Scheduled Meetings
- All meetings, whether regular or special, can only be conducted if the Chair or Vice Chair is presiding.
- All meetings, whether regular or special, should be held during normal working hours Monday through Friday, to avoid undue hardship on the members.
- Monthly meetings should be held with exact dates to be determined by Staff Council Chair.
- The date, time and location of meetings shall be announced and entered into the minutes at each meeting.
Section 2 - Special Meetings
- Special meetings of Staff Council may be called by the Chair or Acting-Chair.
- Any Council member may request a special meeting be held to present a specific point of order.
- At least five working days' notice should be given to all members prior to a called special meeting.
- The specific purpose of the special meeting must be stated in the notification.
Section 3 - Quorum
- A quorum consists of at least the Chair or Vice Chair and a minimum of 50% plus one of the members.
- A quorum is required for a Staff Council meeting to be official.
Section 4 - Voting
- A quorum is required for a Staff Council vote to be taken.
- Only members have the right to vote.
- No proxy votes are permitted.
- Except as otherwise specified by these Bylaws, all votes shall be decided by a majority and show of hands with "yea" or "nay".