UTSA Staff Employee Scholarship Opportunities
Deadline: February 15, 2015
UTSA already offers 12 semester credit hours of designated tuition and mandatory fee waivers in undergraduate and graduate coursework each year for eligible employees through the Employee Educational Benefit (EEB) program. A scholarship from Staff Council could help you pay for associated costs, like textbooks and supplies, or could be applied toward the cost of taking additional credit hours.
The Staff Council Annual Scholarship currently includes two $500 awards for the undergraduate level and two $500 awards for the graduate level. Additionally, eligible staff may apply for the Staff Council Endowed Scholarship, which is also awarded annually (amount varies).
UTSA STAFF COUNCIL ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP CODE: COUN
Award: Two awards $500 for undergraduate level and two awards $500 for graduate level
- Must be degree seeking "benefits eligible" in accordance with university policy and either a classified or administrative & professional staff employee at UTSA
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Must enroll for a minimum of 3 credit hours
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must supply a one-page, typed biographical essay describing obstacles or challenges faced in obtaining a higher education.
- Include personal and/or professional goals and the role of the scholarship in obtaining these goals. Also include any contributions made to UTSA and other information that will help the committee make an informed decision.
- Current Staff Council members not eligible to apply.
- Application Requirements: General Scholarship application
UTSA STAFF ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP CODE: STAF
Award: One award annually; amounts varies
- Must be full-time UTSA staff employee enrolled in undergraduate or graduate courses
- Must enroll at UTSA part-time or full-time and pursuing a degree
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Application Requirements: General Scholarship application and attach a 200-word essay explaining how pursuing a degree at UTSA will assist you in your current and future work in higher education
HOW TO APPLY:
- Complete the On-Line General Scholarship Application at www.utsa.edu/scholarships
- Upon clicking on the General Scholarship Application link, you will be directed to sign on to ASAP.
- At the top of the main page, click on the Financial Aid tab.
- Then select the General Scholarship Application link to begin the process.
- Deadline to submit the General Scholarship Application is February 15, 2015.
**Please note that you will be required to submit your required essay in the box provided on the application. Failure to include the required essays will result in your ineligibility for the scholarship.
If you have any questions, please visit the UTSA Scholarship Office online. Each year, the Staff Council raises money through events such as the annual Strikes for Scholarships night of bowling and water sales at commencement ceremonies in the spring to generate scholarship funds for UTSA staff interested in receiving financial support to further their education.
DONATE to support the Staff Council Scholarship Fund!
- Click on the "Make a Gift Online Today" link
- Select the donation amount
- Select “Other” in the Designation field
- Type “Staff Council Scholarship” in the box provided