Honors Research


Research may be performed within the context of earning Honors through the Honors College or through the College of Sciences, or both.

Honors College

Highest Honors. Students admitted to the Honors College can opt to earn Highest Honors, which requires that they perform research and submit a thesis.
»» more information

College of Sciences Honors:

Students from any of the College of Sciences departments who have a GPA of 3.0 or above (overall and in their major) have the opportunity to earn College Honors. Students applying for College Honors are expected to enroll in the appropriate honors research course during their final two semesters. The completed research paper must be approved by the supervising faculty sponsor and another college faculty member.
»» more information

MARC-U*STAR and RISE Programs

MARC-U*STAR and RISE are Honors research training programs designed to assist underrepresented students attain their doctoral degrees in the biomedical and behavioral sciences.

Program Contact

Dr. Gail Taylor
(210) 458-5761