STUDENT GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION
UTSA Leaderfund Fact Sheet
What is it?
Leaderfund is a reimbursement program facilitated through the Student Government Assocation at UTSA. It is designed to provide financial support for Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) that host events or participate in activities that provide leadership development or learning opportunities for students or contribute to an increased sense of campus community. Reimbursement is allocated at the discretion of the Student Government Association finance committee.
Your organization pays for an event, and, if the event is good for the student body, you are reimbursed AFTER the event at the discretion of SGA's finance committee.
Do we qualify
- Your RSO must be registered with Student Activities and in good standing with the university.
- Your RSO must have an ON-CAMPUS account with Student Activities.
- Planning and implementation of your event must be exclusively student-run.
- Your RSO must submit your application within 30 days of the activity occurring.
- On-campus activities must be open to all UTSA students.
- If a person in your organization is receiving funds to attend a conference or off-campus event, they must be a registered student in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Your RSO has to have ORIGINAL receipts of all expenditures.
- Receipts must be in before August 15th to meet the end of the fiscal year.
How much can we get?
An RSO can be allocated up to $750 per academic school year.
Anything Leaderfund doesn't cover?
- Food/beverages of any kind
- BestFest or Fiesta UTSA booth fees and supplies
- Individual expenses (must be an RSO)
- Day-to-day operations
- Organization start-up costs
- Expenses incurred by UTSA faculty/staff
- Fundraising activities
- Gifts or loans of any kind
- Off-campus advertising
- Support of any political candidate or campaign
- Per diem allocations
- Gas/fuel cost (unless attached to a rental car)
How do we apply?
- First, put on an event or activity; you will have to pay the original costs.
- Before you apply, make sure you have these things to speed up the process:
- A representative we can contact (phone/email)
- Your on-campus account number
- Your event name, date, and location
- The amount you are requesting and a breakdown of those costs
- A summary of your event (in a word document)
- A one-page letter of support from your advisor about the event
- Scans of your original receipts (These will be used to process the application, and we will need the physical copies later on)
- Log into rowdy link using your abc123 ID at utsa.collegiatelink.net
- Click the "Organizations" link
- Find and click "Student Government Association (SGA)"
- On the lefthand side of the SGA page, click the "Forms" tab
- Click the "Leaderfund Request Form"
- Fill out all necessary steps, and submit request
The application is submitted. Now what?
Your online application will be processed by SGA. We will contact you to schedule a hearing with the finance committee. At that point, we will collect the hard copy of your receipts. We will ask you some questions about your RSO's event and make sure it qualifies for Leaderfund. The finance committee will then decide whether a reimbursement will be made. If approved, Leaderfund will deposit the funds in your account within 4-6 weeks.
What if we have more questions?
Feel free to contact the SGA treasurer if you have any more questions: Mariah Crippen