- Peer Models of Excellence
- Comparison Data
- Arizona State University
- Florida International University
- George Mason University
- Georgia State University
- Portland State University
- University of California, Irvine
- University of California, Riverside
- University of California, Santa Cruz
- University of Maryland, BC
- University of Central Florida
County approves sale of downtown property to UTSA
Bexar County commissioners approved the sale of a downtown property that served for years as a correctional facility to the University of Texas at San Antonio on Tuesday.
According to the contract between the university and Bexar County, UTSA will pay the county $5.7 million for the 2-acre parcel of land that the Central Texas Detention Facility occupies, and the County is responsible for demolishing the jail and preparing the property for construction.
UTSA President Taylor Eighmy told commissioners at their Tuesday meeting that the county’s support for the university to expand its downtown campus would improve San Antonio as a whole.