- Peer Models of Excellence
- Comparison Data
- Arizona State University
- Florida International University
- George Mason University
- Georgia State University
- Portland State University
- University of California, Irvine
- University of California, Riverside
- University of California, Santa Cruz
- University of Maryland, BC
- University of Central Florida
UTSA study indicates Pre-K 4 SA positively affects STAAR scores
The first group of students who attended Pre-K 4 SA in its first year has taken third-grade STAAR exams, and results showed the students were more likely to perform better on state exams and attend class than those who did not attend public pre-K.
A new study from the University of Texas at San Antonio’s Urban Education Institute also showed the former Pre-K 4 SA students were less likely to be identified as needing special-education services. The study also suggests the first group of Pre-K 4 SA students “fared slightly better” than children who enrolled in public pre-K.