UTSA Strategic Plan Mission, Vision and Core Values
UTSA's mission, vision, and core values statements reflect the purpose of our institution (Mission), what we aspire to be (Vision), and the guiding principles that we will use to reach our goals (Core Values).
The University of Texas at San Antonio is dedicated to the advancement of knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. As an institution of access and excellence, UTSA embraces multicultural traditions, serving as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development for Texas, the nation and the world.
To be a premier public research university, providing access to educational excellence and preparing citizen leaders for the global environment.
We encourage an environment of dialogue and discovery, where integrity, excellence, inclusiveness, respect, collaboration, and innovation are fostered.
UTSA's core values reflect how we have pursued our plan as well as how we will fulfill our mission and realize our vision. Each value reflects rich, shared meaning:
- Integrity: adhering to a standard of core values at UTSA and ensuring that one acts in a fair and ethical fashion.
- Excellence: commitment to delivering consistently high-quality service, teaching, and research through superior performance.
- Inclusiveness: fostering diversity and providing access to educational and socioeconomic opportunities for all—regardless of individual backgrounds and philosophies.
- Respect: treating others with civility and openness, recognizing the dignity inherent in each individual.
- Collaboration: working with others toward common goals while valuing teamwork, participation, and commitment to public service.
- Innovation: encouraging ingenuity, creativity, and discovery.