UTSA Strategic Plan Strategic Advantages
As the largest public university in South Texas, UTSA is recognized as a leader in educating and empowering its students. UTSA possesses a rich set of advantages that provide a foundation for us to address our strategic initiatives.
- Our location in a region with a vibrant multicultural population and a dynamic growing economy that capitalizes on its proximity to Mexico;
- The integration, cooperation, and enthusiasm among all components of the University and across all three campuses - a downtown campus providing programs that take advantage of San Antonio's urban setting; a large, suburban campus anchoring community growth; the Institute of Texan Cultures preserving and promoting the rich cultural heritage of the state;
- A Hispanic- and Minority-Serving Institution noted for its contribution to the education of Hispanic students and for practically addressing multicultural issues facing the nation;
- The wide range of experiences and diversity of ages, languages, and ethnicities of our students, staff, and faculty;
- Rapid growth that provides opportunities for positive change and for building a unique university;
- Recognition as a quality university of choice by our students;
- Significant increase in number of faculty recognized for intellectual achievements in their fields;
- Areas of multidisciplinary interest and expertise ranging across all of our colleges;
- A common vision of student success and academic excellence that unites the UTSA community;
- A large and talented alumni base actively involved and offering long-term potential for greater engagement and support of the University;
- The enthusiastic support from The University of Texas System, state agencies, private corporations, and the local community;
- Opportunity to collaborate with San Antonio's numerous military and security organizations and entities such as Southwest Research Institute and the Southwest Biomedical Research Foundation;
- Opportunity to collaborate with UT Health Science Center and other health care entities;
- International corporations headquartered in San Antonio.