Spring 2013 – Workshops – UTSA Faculty
Finding Out How Well Students Are Learning What We're Teaching: An Introduction to Formative Classroom Assessment
Friday, March 1
9 a.m. to noon
Complimentary lunch will be available after the workshop from noon to 1 p.m.
Co-author of the well-known book,
Classroom Assessment Techniques
Denman Room, UC 2.01.28
By actively participating in this half-day workshop, expect to accomplish these six objectives:
- Learn about Classroom Assessment (CA); how it works, and how it can help your students become more independent, effective learners.
- Hear examples of successful CA projects in at least six different disciplines.
- Get hands-on practice using at least six simple, flexible CA techniques. You can adapt these techniques to assess your students' learning and to help them assess and improve their own learning.
- Learn what experienced teachers identify as the pros and cons of this approach, and benefit from practical guidelines for success — dos and don'ts — based on nearly a decade of field-testing.
- Receive follow-up materials and resources.
- Be prepared to try at least one or two new ideas for assessing — and improving — your students' learning.
Register for this workshop:
Back to Workshops list