VIA Metropolitan Transit offers free UTSA bus service
(Jan. 18, 2005)--Bus service between the UTSA 1604 and Downtown campuses is available through an agreement with VIA Metropolitan Transit. UTSA students, faculty and staff can ride the VIA Rowdy Express route 94 at no charge with a valid UTSACard.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
The VIA Express route 94 UTSA Downtown Campus stop is at the Frio Street Building. The 1604 Campus VIA stop is north of the Business Building in lot 3.
VIA Express route schedules are available at the 1604 Campus University Center information desk and the Downtown Campus Frio Street Building commons.
Additionally, VIA offers various passes that allow holders to ride any VIA route including:
- Student semester pass -- $20 per semester, available at UTSA fiscal services offices
- VIA student I.D. -- good for half-fare student fares with UTSACard, available at University Center information desk
- Monthly pass (Big Pass) -- $20 per month, available only from VIA
- Half-fare pass -- same as Big Pass, for students and senior citizens age 62 and older, $10 per month, available only from VIA
For more information on VIA bus schedules, call (210) 362-2020.