UTSA offers health, insurance information links
(May 13, 2005)--As part of UTSA, UT System and state policy to keep the UTSA community informed, the following links are provided.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
This message has been distributed to all employees as required by the Texas Health and Safety Code Chapter 85, Sections 111-115.
- Download an educational brochure provided by the Texas Department of Health on HIV/AIDS and the workplace. (It is a pdf document requiring Adobe Reader.) If you have questions regarding HIV/AIDS, contact the Texas Department of Health at the number listed in the pamphlet.
- Read UTSA's workplace guidelines and policies on HIV/AIDS in the Handbook of Operating Procedures, Chapter 9.
- Download the UT System HIPAA Privacy notice (pdf document). HIPAA is the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, which was enacted in 1996. HIPAA facilitates continuity of health insurance through job changes or unemployment.
- Download a pdf document on the Drug Free Schools and Communities Act of 1989. The link may ask for a network password. Close that box and the form will open.