Texas Folklife Festival
'UTSA Night' debuts June 10 at Texas Folklife Festival
(May 25, 2005)--UTSA students, faculty, staff, alumni, their families and friends are encouraged to wear their UTSA orange and blue and "come on down" to celebrate the first annual UTSA Night at the Texas Folklife Festival (TFF).
The special event is 5 to 11 p.m., Friday, June 10 at the Institute of Texan Cultures in downtown San Antonio.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
Discounted admission tickets, a chance to win free food coupons, Rowdy Roadrunner and the UTSA cheerleaders, and a special TFF meeting spot are only a few of the special events in place for UTSA guests who plan their annual trek to Folklife on UTSA Night.
Visitors to TFF will enjoy live music and dance on 10 stages, 150 food choices from 40 ethnic groups and 60 demonstrations of early Texas life.
"UTSA Night at the Texas Folklife Festival is a great opportunity for the university community to gather with family and friends at one of the state's premier festivals," said UTSA President Ricardo Romo. "Festival director Jo Ann Andera had a great idea when she suggested a special UTSA Night."
UTSA discounted tickets are $6 (adults age 13 and older) and $4 (ages 6-12). Tickets at the the gate are $10. There is a limit of 10 adult discounted tickets and no limit for children's tickets. The UTSA special offer is available only at the UTSA campuses.
Tickets are available 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday at:
- Fiscal Services: John Peace Library Building Room 1.03.06, 1604 Campus; Multidisciplinary Studies Building Room 1.02.32, 1604 Campus -- enter at blue awning by police department; Frio Street Building Room 1.508, Downtown Campus
- University Center information desk, 1604 Campus
For more information, visit the Texas Folklife Festival Web site.