UTSA to host holiday blood drives Dec. 5-6
By Tim Brownlee
Assistant Director of Public Affairs
(Dec. 2, 2005)--UTSA Student Health Services and the South Texas Blood and Tissue Center will host holiday blood drives from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday, Dec. 5 at the north side of the University Center, 1604 Campus and 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. 6 in the University Center Mesquite Room (2.01.24).
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
UTSA students, faculty and staff are encouraged to give blood -- the gift of life.
Donors will receive free pizza, Scantrons and pencils.
Blood donors must present photo identification, be 17 years of age or older, weigh at least 110 pounds and be in good general health. It is recommended to eat before donating.
For more information or to register, contact Kathy Ceresoli, UTSA health educator, at (210) 458-4142 or Melissa Escobedo, South Texas Blood and Tissue Center, at (210) 275-3935.
Did you know?
- Your local blood center must collect 500 units of blood daily to meet the needs of local hospitals and clinics.
- It is estimated that only 5 percent of the eligible 60 percent of the population take the time to give blood.