UTSA student government elections are April 4-5
By Barry McKinney
Associate Director of Student Leadership and Activities
(April 4, 2006)--The UTSA Student Government Association (SGA) will conduct elections for four executive offices and college and class senator positions April 4-5.
This is the first set of elections using a new constitution approved by students in the last general election. UTSA students can cast their votes using the ASAP online information system until 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, April 5.
- La Prensa Foundation is newest member of UTSA Lone Star Society
- UTSA alumna Jordan Kaufmann wins $50K for new stent-graft start-up
- UTSA begins new way-finding sign installation this summer at Main Campus
- USA Today: UTSA long jumper Tyler Williamson rescues three-year-old boy
Because the addition of class senators, there are two surveys for the complete election. Election results will be announced outside the Office of Student Activities, University Center Room 1.02.08, 1604 Campus, at 3 p.m., Thursday, April 6. The results then will be posted on the front door at the Office of Student Activities.
All elected students will assume office at the SGA inauguration banquet on April 23, 2006.
How to vote
- Go to ASAP: https://asap.utsa.edu
- At the ASAP home page, click on the "Logon to ASAP" link.
- Type in USER ID: and PIN in the appropriate text boxes.
- Click the "login" button.
- At the "Main Menu" page, click on the "Vote Now for the SGA Election!" link just below the ASAP welcome message.
- At the "Current Surveys" page, click on the "Elections" link.
- At the "Survey Questions" page, select candidate choice by clicking on the circular button next to a candidate's name.
- Click the "Survey Complete" button to cast your vote.
- After completing the survey, you willl be sent back to the "Personal Information" Web page.
- Log out of ASAP.